Friday, August 24, 2007

We're Keeping an "Eye" Out for the Best Brass & Percussion Musicians

"The Stan" here, letting you know we're looking for the top brass & percussion musicians in the L.A. area who don't mind working for free (at least for a while) just for the chance to play extremely challenging music with other top musicians in the area!

I know that can be a hard sell sometimes, but the thing is, music is a joy. And even though we're on an ultra-low budget here, it's all about the joy of playing that motivates the regulars of the L.A. Metro Brass.

There is no joy like playing in a damn good band, and knowing you're in a damn good band and not giving damn that you're not being paid a damn thing!

Believe me...I know what it's like being a starving musician. I know what it's like to be unappreciated and underpaid...or not paid at all. But I'm putting all my spare time (and spare cash--what little there is) to getting this band up off the ground simply for the joy of music. And nothing more.

I simply want to hear a kick-ass brass band here in L.A. And I want to see that band grow from obscurity into one of the top brass bands in the nation...even the world! It's all about the glory, my friend.

So if you're a kick-ass brass or percussion musician who wants to play in a kick-ass band, then get your ass over to our auditions on Sept. 8 & 9.

Go to www.LAMetroBrass.com/auditions.html for the scoop on auditioning for the band.

I hope to see you there!

J. Aaron Stanley, President
L.A. Metro Brass Band

No comments: